10 Years Long Residence
You can apply to settle in the UK if you have been in the UK legally for 10 continuous years (known as ‘long residence’). Settling (known as ‘indefinite leave to remain’) means you can stay in the UK without any time restrictions.
We understand that the Long Residence applications can be complex and using the services of an immigration expert are highly recommended. We pride ourselves on being approachable and proactive in understanding and meeting our clients’ needs. You will need to ensure that you meet all of the mandatory requirements before you apply. You will need to complete the relevant forms and collate your evidence for submission.
10 years Long Residence ILR application requirements:
To qualify for a UK Long Residence ILR, you must satisfy the following UK Visas and Immigration requirements:
- You do not fall for refusal under the general grounds for refusal
- You are not an illegal entrant
- You are not in the UK in breach of immigration laws
- You have spent no more than 180 days outside the UK in any 12 months of your residence in the UK
- Continuous residence in the UK for an unbroken period of 10 years
- You will need to have taken and passed a Life in the UK test
- You will need to show that you have English language ability in speaking and listening to a minimum level of B1 on the Common European Framework of Reference for languages (CEFR)
When 10 years continuous residence in the UK is broken:
The period of residence is broken if
- At any time you have been removed or deported from the UK
- Left the UK having been refused leave to enter or remain
- Have left the UK and, on doing so, evidenced a clear intention not to return
- Have left the UK with no reasonable expectation at the time of leaving that you would lawfully be able to return
- Have been convicted of an offence and sentenced to imprisonment, or to detention in an institution other than a prison (such as a hospital or young offenders’ institution—unless the sentence was a suspended sentence)
- Have spent more than 18 months absent from the UK in total during the relevant period of residence
Residence is not deemed to have been broken by an absence from the UK of six months or less in one go as long as you had existing leave when you left the UK and when you came back.
Documents you must provide for 10 years Long Residence ILR application
- A current passport or other valid travel ID
- Your biometric residence permit if you have one
- All the passports you’ve held during your time in the UK
- Evidence that you can maintain and accommodate yourself without additional recourse to public funds.
Why Choose Aaryan Solicitors?
Expert Immigration team: Aaryan Solicitors has a team of expert UK immigration and family visa solicitors who can provide you legal advice and assistance with your 10 years long residence visa application to settle in the UK. Headed by partner Vikramjit Singh, an acknowledged immigration law specialist and champion of those whose status here is challenged., we have a track record of successfully pushing through applications efficiently and cost-effectively. Contact us for case assessment, eligibility requirements and supporting documents.
Competitive Prices: We offer a competitive price service without compromising on our service. Our reputation outshines other, larger immigration law firms in London and across the country.
Priority and super priority visa service: : Our Immigration Services include specialist 24-hour visa service with UKVI, Home Office, UK Passport Office or UKVCAS. We can prepare and submit your application to the UKVCAS service point by accompanying you and get a decision within 24 hours on your application by guiding you at each step from enrolment of your biometrics to liaising with the Home Office Immigration Caseworker in achieving the desired result in one day. We can arrange an appointment for earliest available date which will be within 6 weeks from the time you instruct us. We also provide assistance with the Home Office priority and super priority service to obtain a decision on your application in matter of few days for the applications submitted from outside the United Kingdom.
Flexible payment options: We understand that immigration complications often arise without notice which could become difficult in present economic climate therefore we provide flexible payment options. You may pay the agreed fees in instalments benefiting your needs, which will be agreed in advance.
Excellent Success Rate: : Every application we prepare is tailor-made and thoroughly researched. As a result, our success rate is high. We pride in our highest standard of service as a result of which most of our clients return to us for their legal matters.
Out of office hour unique service: We provide clients focused service keeping in consideration busy working lifestyle therefore out of office telephone and/or in person appointments are available, subject to prior bookings, from 6.00 pm to 8.30 pm weekdays, and on weekends and bank holidays.
To apply for 10 years long residence visa application to settle in the UK, get in touch with Aaryan Solicitors for professional, no-obligation advice.