The Tier 1 (Investor) category is for high-net-worth individuals making a substantial financial investment in the UK.
In order to qualify for an initial grant of leave in this category you must have not less than £2 million under your control for investment. Under this route you will not need to show that you have any English language ability because, while you are allowed to work in the UK if you wish to, you should not need to work. You will not need to show any maintenance (funds) because, if you have the required investment funds, you will be able to support yourself in the UK without needing help from public funds.
We understand that the UK Tier 1 Investor visa applications can be complex and using the services of an immigration expert are highly recommended. We pride ourselves on being approachable and proactive in understanding and meeting our clients’ needs. You will need to ensure that you meet all of the mandatory requirements before you apply. You will need to complete the relevant forms and collate your evidence for submission.
UK Tier 1 Investor visa: Eligibility requirements:
To qualify for entry clearance or leave to remain in UK Tier 1 Investor visa category, you must:
- have money of your own amounting to not less than £2 million
- that money must be under your control
- have opened an account with a UK regulated bank for the purposes of investing not less than £2 million in the UK
- that money must be held in a regulated financial institution and disposable in the UK
- be at least 18 years old to use this route
- provide an overseas criminal record certificate for any country you have been present in continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more, in the 10 years prior to your application
- not fail under the general grounds for refusal
Evidence of investment funds required under UK Tier 1 Investor category:
You will need to provide evidence showing that you have the required investment funds.
If you are using your own money to invest, you should be able to show:
- how much money you have and where it is being held
- where the money came from if you have had the money for less than 2 years, for example you inherited it from a relative
- that the money can be transferred to the UK and converted to sterling (if it is not already in the UK)
If you are using your partner’s money:
You will need to provide:
- a certificate of marriage or civil partnership, or in the case of unmarried or same-sex relationships, proof that you are in a long-term relationship (at least 2 years)
- a statement from your partner confirming that they will allow you to control the funds in the UK
- a letter from a legal adviser stating that the declaration is valid
Switching into Tier 1 Investor visa category:
Switching into the Tier 1 (Investor) route is permitted for applicants who have or were last granted leave as:
- a highly skilled migrant
- a Tier 1 (General) migrant
- a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) migrant
- a Tier 2 migrant
- a Student
- a Child Student
Acceptable source of funds under Tier 1 Investor visa category:
If you have not held the funds for the 2 years before the date of the application then the Home Office may consider the following types of evidence of the source of the funds:
- a gift
- deeds of sale
- a will
- divorce settlement
- evidence from a business
- award or winnings
Documents you must provide under Tier 1 Investor visa category
- a current passport or other valid travel identification
- your tuberculosis test results if you’re from a country where you have to take the test
- a criminal record certificate from any country you have stayed in for a total of 12 months or more over the last 10 years
How long is entry clearance / leave to remain normally granted for?
- 2 years to an applicant who has, or was last granted, leave as a Tier 1 (Investor)
- 3 years to any other applicant (plus an additional 4 months if applying for entry clearance)
Can you bring family members under the UK Tier 1 Investor visa:
As Tier 1 Investor visa holder, you have the right to bring your dependents to the UK. A dependant can be your spouse, civil partner or unmarried partner, child under 18.
Can you apply for extension or settlement (indefinite leave to remain) under Tier 1 Investor visa:
Yes, this route applies for settlement and depending on the amount inverted you may be eligible to apply for settlement under accelerated route.
What happens if your UK investor visa application is refused:
If an application for entry clearance is refused you cannot appeal against the decision. However, you may apply for an administrative review, if you think the Home Office has made an error in considering your application.
At Aaryan Solicitors, team of our immigration law specialists’ can advise you on the merits of making a fresh application and/or challenging the decision by way of process called Administrative Review. If the application was submitted from outside the UK (entry clearance), then you will have 28 days but in all other cases only 14 days from the date of service of the decision to lodge your Administrative Review.
Why Choose Aaryan Solicitors?
Expert Immigration team: Aaryan Solicitors has a team of expert UK immigration and family visa solicitors who can provide you legal advice and assistance with your UK Tier 1 Investor visa application. Headed by partner Vikramjit Singh, an acknowledged immigration law specialist and champion of those whose status here is challenged., we have a track record of successfully pushing through applications efficiently and cost-effectively. Contact us for case assessment, eligibility requirements and supporting documents.
Competitive Prices: We offer a competitive price service without compromising on our service. Our reputation outshines other, larger immigration law firms in London and across the country.
Priority and super priority visa service: : Our Immigration Services include specialist 24-hour visa service with UKVI, Home Office, UK Passport Office or UKVCAS. We can prepare and submit your application to the UKVCAS service point by accompanying you and get a decision within 24 hours on your application by guiding you at each step from enrolment of your biometrics to liaising with the Home Office Immigration Caseworker in achieving the desired result in one day. We can arrange an appointment for earliest available date which will be within 6 weeks from the time you instruct us. We also provide assistance with the Home Office priority and super priority service to obtain a decision on your application in matter of few days for the applications submitted from outside the United Kingdom.
Flexible payment options: We understand that immigration complications often arise without notice which could become difficult in present economic climate therefore we provide flexible payment options. You may pay the agreed fees in instalments each month benefiting your needs, which will be agreed in advance.
Excellent Success Rate: : Every application we prepare is tailor-made and thoroughly researched. As a result, our success rate is high. We pride in our highest standard of service as a result of which most of our clients return to us for their other legal matters.
Out of office hour unique service: We provide clients focused service keeping in consideration busy working lifestyle therefore out of office telephone and/or in person appointments are available, subject to prior bookings, from 6.00 pm to 8.30 pm weekdays, and on weekends and bank holidays.
To apply for a UK Tier 1 Investor visa, get in touch with Aaryan Solicitors for professional, no-obligation advice.