Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR)
Indefinite Leave to Remain (also known as ILR or settlement) enables a person to live in the UK without any restrictions and can lead to a British Citizenship and passport allowing visa free travel to various countries.
We understand that indefinite leave to remain visa applications can be complex and using the services of an immigration expert are highly recommended. We pride ourselves on being approachable and proactive in understanding and meeting our clients’ needs. You will need to ensure that you meet all of the mandatory requirements before you apply. You will need to complete the relevant forms and collate your evidence for submission.
What are the most common requirements for indefinite leave to remain applications:
The most common requirements to apply for settlement are:
- Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK (KoLL)
- absences and continuity of residence
- Conduct and criminality
- Genuineness and existence of relationship (if basis of settlement is relationship such as marriage with UK national or person with settled status or ILR)
Main benefits of having indefinite leave to remain or settled status in the UK:
Key benefits of getting a settlement or ILR in the UK are as follows:
- you no longer have any time restrictions on your stay here
- you are able to work for any employer in any profession and/or set up a business without restriction
- you are able to study any type of course without restriction
- you are no longer required to register any change of immigration status or address with the police
- if you have any children who were born in the UK prior to your grant of indefinite leave, and are under the age of 18, they may be entitled to register immediately as British citizens
- if you have any further children who are born in the UK, they will be automatically British by birth, and
- you have full access to the same welfare benefits as British citizens
When can you apply for British citizenship after settlement:
Generally, you are eligible to apply for British Citizenship 12 months following grant of indefinite leave to remain in the UK.
What is the Life in the UK Test:
You need to take the test as part of your application for British citizenship or settlement in the UK. You must book your Life in the UK Test online at least 3 days in advance. It costs £50.
There are over 30 test centres in the UK. You can choose where to take your test when you book. You will have 45 minutes to answer 24 questions based on the Life in the UK handbook. You must take the same ID that you used to book the test. Your photo will also be taken on the day to confirm your ID.
You must score 75% or more to pass the test. You will get a ‘unique reference number’. You will need this number to complete your citizenship or settlement application. The Home Office will use it to check that you have passed.
If you fail the test you must wait 7 days before taking the test again, but you can take the test as many times as you need to. You will need to book and pay again each time.
What kind of ILR applications we deal with:
- ILR or settlement – UK Spouse Visa
- ILR or settlement- UK Civil Partner Visa
- ILR or settlement- UK Unmarried Partner Visa
- ILR or settlement – As a Dependent Child
- ILR or settlement- As Victim of Domestic Violence
- ILR or settlement – Adult dependent relative visa (ADR)
- ILR or settlement – 10 Years Long Residence (after 10 years continuous stay in the UK)
- ILR or settlement- 20 Years Long Residence (after 20 years continuous stay in the UK)
- ILR or settlement – Bereaved Partner
- ILR or settlement – Global Talent Visa
- ILR or settlement – Innovator Visa UK
- ILR or settlement- Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Visa
- ILR or settlement- UK Tier 1 Investor Visa
- ILR or settlement – Skilled Worker
- ILR or settlement -Intra-Company route visas
- ILR or settlement- Sportsperson visa (T2)
- ILR or settlement- Minister of Religion visa (T2)
- ILR or settlement – As A Refugee –
- Permanent residence as an EEA National
- Permanent residence as a Family Member of An EEA National
- Settlement under EU settlement Scheme
Indefinite Leave to Remain Application Assistance/Advice
At Aaryan Solicitors, team of our immigration law specialists’ can advise you and assist with the application process which involves evaluating the merits of making an application, advice you on the supporting documents, submitting your application form and making submissions/cover letter to the Home Office on your behalf.
What can you do if your Indefinite Leave to Remain application is refused:
A refused application can be very distressing and have far reaching consequences. At Aaryan Solicitors, we can advise you on the merits of making a fresh application by explaining reasoning for the refusal and see if further evidence can be provided to rectify the issues.
In certain cases, you may be able to lodge an immigration appeal against the Home Office’s decision. Your refusal letter will indicate whether this is an option for you. If there is no right of appeal and the decision is wrong or not in accordance with law, then that can be challenged by way of Judicial Review.
Why Choose Aaryan Solicitors?
Expert Immigration team: Aaryan Solicitors has a team of expert UK immigration and family visa solicitors who can provide you legal advice and assistance with your UK indefinite leave to remain visa application. Headed by partner Vikramjit Singh, an acknowledged immigration law specialist and champion of those whose status here is challenged., we have a track record of successfully pushing through applications efficiently and cost-effectively. Contact us for case assessment, eligibility requirements and supporting documents.
Competitive Prices: We offer a competitive price service without compromising on our service. Our reputation outshines other, larger immigration law firms in London and across the country.
Priority and super priority visa service: : Our Immigration Services include specialist 24-hour visa service with UKVI, Home Office, UK Passport Office or UKVCAS. We can prepare and submit your application to the UKVCAS service point by accompanying you and get a decision within 24 hours on your application by guiding you at each step from enrolment of your biometrics to liaising with the Home Office Immigration Caseworker in achieving the desired result in one day. We can arrange an appointment for earliest available date which will be within 6 weeks from the time you instruct us. We also provide assistance with the Home Office priority and super priority service to obtain a decision on your application in matter of few days for the applications submitted from outside the United Kingdom.
Flexible payment options: We understand that immigration complications often arise without notice which could become difficult in present economic climate therefore we provide flexible payment options. You may pay the agreed fees in instalments each month benefiting your needs, which will be agreed in advance.
Excellent Success Rate: : Every application we prepare is tailor-made and thoroughly researched. As a result, our success rate is high. We pride in our highest standard of service as a result of which most of our clients return to us for their other legal matters.
Out of office hour unique service: We provide clients focused service keeping in consideration busy working lifestyle therefore out of office telephone and/or in person appointments are available, subject to prior bookings, from 6.00 pm to 8.30 pm weekdays, and on weekends and bank holidays.
To apply for UK indefinite leave to remain, get in touch with Aaryan Solicitors for professional, no-obligation advice.