Marriage Visitor visa
UK marriage visitor visa category is for individuals who want to get married or register a civil partnership in the UK or want to give notice of a marriage or civil partnership in UK but are not planning to stay or settle in the UK after your marriage or civil partnership.
We understand that marriage visitor visa applications can be complex and using the services of an immigration expert are highly recommended. We pride ourselves on being approachable and proactive in understanding and meeting our clients’ needs. You will need to ensure that you meet all of the mandatory requirements before you apply. You will need to complete the relevant forms and collate your evidence for submission. This will need to be extensive and prove that your relationship is genuine.
UK Marriage Visitor visa application requirements:
To qualify for UK marriage visitor visa, you must satisfy the following UK Visas and Immigration requirements:
- You are over 18 years old
- You are free to give notice of marriage and to marry or enter into a civil partnership in the UK within six months of your arrival
- You are in a genuine relationship
- You will visit the UK for less than six months and will then leave the UK
- You have sufficient funds available to you to cover the costs of your visit and your return journey without needing to rely on public funds
How can you apply for a marriage visitor visa:
You can submit an application from outside the United Kingdom.
What supporting documents will you need for a marriage visitor visa application:
- A current passport or other valid travel identification
- Proof that you can support yourself during your trip, for example bank statements or payslips for the last 6 months
- Proof of your future plans for the relationship, for example documents to show where you will live
- Details of where you intend to stay and your travel plans – you should not pay for accommodation or travel until you get your visa
- details of the marriage or civil partnership and proof that you’ve paid money for some of its costs
- proof that you’re planning to get married in the UK, for example a booking confirmation or emails between you and the venue
- If you have been married before, then a proof that you are free to marry or enter into a civil partnership again, for example a decree absolute or death certificate of a previous partner
You will also need to provide a certified translation of any documents that are not in English or Welsh
Marriage visitor visa conditions/restrictions:
You will not be allowed to:
- Switch categories if you come to the UK as a marriage visitor
- Allowed to access public funds
- Bring in any dependants
- Live in the UK for extended periods through frequent visits
- Extend your visa or switch to another visa
- Work – except for permitted activities related to your work or business overseas such as attending meetings
- Study for more than 30 days – studying cannot be the main reason for your visit
Duration of marriage visitor visa:
If the you meet the requirements you will be granted a marriage visitor visa for a period not exceeding 6 months.
What’s the difference between a UK Marriage Visitor visa and a spouse visa:
If you are planning to marry or enter into a civil partnership in the UK, you will need to carefully consider whether the marriage visitor visa is the right visa for you. If you are looking to remain in the UK after you get married or form a civil partnership, you will need to consider applying for fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner visa.
What happens if your UK Marriage Visitor visa application is refused:
Should you fail to meet the requirements, it is likely that any future applications for temporary migration will be subjected to greater scrutiny.
At Aaryan Solicitors, team of our immigration law specialists’ can advise you on the merits of making a fresh application by explaining reasoning for the refusal and see if further evidence can be provided to rectify the issues. There is no right of appeal against a marriage visitor visa application, unless there are human right grounds involved or raised and is not certified as clearly unfounded. If there is no right of appeal and the decision is wrong or not in accordance with law, then that can be challenged by way of Judicial Review.
Why Choose Aaryan Solicitors?
Expert Immigration team: Aaryan Solicitors has a team of expert UK immigration and family visa solicitors who can provide you legal advice and assistance with your UK marriage visitor visa application. Headed by partner Vikramjit Singh, an acknowledged immigration law specialist and champion of those whose status here is challenged., we have a track record of successfully pushing through applications efficiently and cost-effectively. Contact us for case assessment, eligibility requirements and supporting documents.
Competitive Prices: We offer a competitive price service without compromising on our service. Our reputation outshines other, larger immigration law firms in London and across the country.
UKVI Priority Visa- Non-Settlement service: Our Immigration Services include specialist visa service with UKVI, Home Office, VFS Global, UK Passport Office, UKVCAS or VFS Global. We can prepare and assist you with submitting your application outside the UK at your nearest visa application centre for UK Visas and Immigration by guiding you at each step from enrolment of your biometrics to liaising with the Home Office Immigration Caseworker in achieving the desired result to get a decision within 5 working days. We can arrange an appointment for earliest available date which will be within 6 weeks from the time you instruct us.
Flexible payment options: We understand that immigration complications often arise without notice which could become difficult in present economic climate therefore we provide flexible payment options. You may pay the agreed fees in instalments each month benefiting your needs, which will be agreed in advance.
Excellent Success Rate: Every application we prepare is tailor-made and thoroughly researched. As a result, our success rate is high. We pride in our highest standard of service as a result of which most of our clients return to us for their other legal matters.
Out of office hour unique service: We provide clients focused service keeping in consideration busy working lifestyle therefore out of office telephone and/or in person appointments are available, subject to prior bookings, from 6.00 pm to 8.30 pm weekdays, and on weekends and bank holidays.
To apply for a marriage visitor visa UK, get in touch with Aaryan Solicitors for professional, no-obligation advice.