Standard Visitor visa
Visitors are who come to the UK for short period of time and intend to leave the UK at the end of their visit.
The definition of a visitor as set out in the Immigration Rules is that: a visitor is a person who is coming to the UK, usually for up to six months, for a temporary purpose, for example as a tourist, to visit friends or family or to carry out a business activity. Visitors cannot work or study in the UK unless this is allowed by the permitted activities that are set out in these Visitor Rules.
The Standard Visitor visa has replaced the:
- Family Visitor visa
- General Visitor visa
- Child Visitor visa
- Business Visitor visa, including visas for academics, doctors and dentists
- Sports Visitor visa
- Entertainer Visitor visa
- Prospective Entrepreneur visa
- Private Medical Treatment Visitor visa
- Approved Destination Status (ADS) visa
We understand that standard visitor visa applications can be complex and using the services of an immigration expert are highly recommended. We pride ourselves on being approachable and proactive in understanding and meeting our clients’ needs. You will need to ensure that you meet all of the mandatory requirements before you apply. You will need to complete the relevant forms and collate your evidence for submission. This will need to be extensive and prove that your relationship is genuine.
UK Standard Visitor visa application requirements:
To qualify for UK Standard Visitor visa, you must satisfy the following UK Visas and Immigration requirements:
- You must satisfy that you are a genuine visitor specifically, that you will leave the UK at the end of your visit and will not live in the UK for extended periods through frequent or successive visits or make the UK your main home
- You are genuinely seeking entry to undertake permitted activities set out in the Immigration Rules
- You will not undertake work in the UK, which is defined as including the following activities unless these also fall within the scope of the Immigration Rules:
- being employed in the UK
- working for an organisation or business in the UK
- setting up or running a business on a self-employed basis
- participating in a work placement or internship
- direct selling to the public
- providing goods and services
- You will not be paid from a UK source, subject to the permitted exceptions set out in the Immigration Rules,
- You do not intend to study in the UK other than as allowed under the Immigration Rules
- You do not intend to access private medical treatment or to be an organ donor (unless they meet additional requirements for these purposes)
- You do not intend to marry or form a civil partnership in the UK, or to give notice to do so in the UK, unless their visit visa has been assessed and endorsed for this purpose
What supporting documents will you need for a standard visitor visa application:
This section provides guidance on the types of documents that you may want to provide to succeed in your application to the Entry Clearance Officer:
- Your current valid passport or travel document
- Previous travel documents/passports, which show previous travel
- Financial documents showing that you have sufficient funds available
- Letter from employer confirming employment details
- Where a third party is providing financial support to you e.g. a business, a friend or a relative, documents to show they have sufficient resources to support you
- Confirmation of legal residence, if you are not a national of the country in which you are applying
- Details of employment or studies from your employer or your education provider
- If self-employed: business registration documents confirming the business owner’s name and the date the business started trading
- Where you are coming to the UK in order to undertake activities relating to your occupation/employment outside the UK you should submit documents showing what you will be doing in the UK, including any letters from inviting organisations.
How long the UK Standard Visitor visa is valid for:
A standard visit visa is valid for 6 months. However, if you need to visit the UK regularly over a longer period, you can apply for a long-term visit visa that lasts 2, 5 or 10 years. You can stay in the UK for up to 6 months during each visit, although you must ensure you are not habitually resident in the UK through frequent and successive visits.
What happens if your UK Standard Visitor visa application is refused:
Should you fail to meet the requirements, it is likely that any future applications for temporary migration will be subjected to greater scrutiny.
At Aaryan Solicitors, team of our immigration law specialists’ can advise you on the merits of making a fresh application by explaining reasoning for the refusal and see if further evidence can be provided to rectify the issues. There is no right of appeal against a visit visa application, unless there are human right grounds involved or raised and is not certified as clearly unfounded. If there is no right of appeal and the decision is wrong or not in accordance with law, then that can be challenged by way of Judicial Review.
Why Choose Aaryan Solicitors?
Expert Family Law team: Aaryan Solicitors has a team of expert UK immigration and family visa solicitors who can provide you legal advice and assistance with your UK standard visitor visa application. Headed by partner Vikramjit Singh, an acknowledged immigration law specialist and champion of those whose status here is challenged., we have a track record of successfully pushing through applications efficiently and cost-effectively. Contact us for case assessment, eligibility requirements and supporting documents.
Competitive Prices: We offer a competitive price service without compromising on our service. Our reputation outshines other, larger immigration law firms in London and across the country.
UKVI Priority Visa- Non-Settlement service: Our Immigration Services include specialist visa service with UKVI, Home Office, VFS Global, UK Passport Office, UKVCAS or VFS Global. We can prepare and assist you with submitting your application outside the UK at your nearest visa application centre for UK Visas and Immigration by guiding you at each step from enrolment of your biometrics to liaising with the Home Office Immigration Caseworker in achieving the desired result to get a decision within 5 working days. We can arrange an appointment for earliest available date which will be within 6 weeks from the time you instruct us.
Flexible payment options: We understand that immigration complications often arise without notice which could become difficult in present economic climate therefore we provide flexible payment options. You may pay the agreed fees in instalments each month benefiting your needs, which will be agreed in advance.
Excellent Success Rate:Every application we prepare is tailor-made and thoroughly researched. As a result, our success rate is high. We pride in our highest standard of service as a result of which most of our clients return to us for their other legal matters.
Out of office hour unique service: We provide clients focused service keeping in consideration busy working lifestyle therefore out of office telephone and/or in person appointments are available, subject to prior bookings, from 6.00 pm to 8.30 pm weekdays, and on weekends and bank holidays.
To apply for a standard visit visa UK, get in touch with Aaryan Solicitors for professional, no-obligation advice.