Register Child as a British Citizen
A person must be under 18 years old on the date of application for them to be registered as a British citizen using the registration provisions applicable only for minor children. Applying to register a minor child as a British citizen is only necessary if the child has not automatically acquired British citizenship.
We understand that registration applications as British Citizen can be complex and using the services of an immigration expert are highly recommended. We pride ourselves on being approachable and proactive in understanding and meeting our clients’ needs. You will need to ensure that you meet all of the mandatory requirements before you apply. You will need to complete the relevant forms and collate your evidence for submission.
What is eligibility criteria to register child as a British Citizen:
A minor child is entitled to be registered as a British citizen on application:
- Parents becoming settled in the UK: If you were born in the UK on or after 1 January 1983, and either parent becomes a British citizen or becomes settled in the UK.
- Children of armed forces members: If you were born in the UK on or after 13 January 2010 and one of your parents becomes a member of the armed forces.
- Residing in the UK for ten years since birth: You are aged ten years or more on the date of application, have lived in the UK for the first ten years of your life and during the first ten years of life, you have not been out of the UK for more than 90 days in each one of those years.
- Natural father not married to mother: If you were born before 1 July 2006 and your mother was not married or was married to a person other than your natural father at the time of their birth
- Stateless persons born in the UK or a British overseas territory: If you were born in the UK or a British overseas territory on or after 1 January 1981 and have always been stateless
What is automatic right to British citizenship:
Born in the UK after 1983: A person born in the UK after 1 January 1983 and one of their parents was either a British citizen or settled here in the UK at the time of their birth or are members of the UK armed forces will automatically be a British citizen.
There is no need to apply to register to be a British citizen
The child will be considered a British citizen otherwise than by descent.
Adopted children: A child who is adopted in the UK and one or both adoptive parents are British citizens will also automatically be a British citizen otherwise than by descent on adoption and does not need to be registered.
Why Choose Aaryan Solicitors?
Expert Immigration team: Aaryan Solicitors has a team of expert UK immigration and family visa solicitors who can provide you legal advice and assistance with your British Citizenship application. Headed by partner Vikramjit Singh, an acknowledged immigration law specialist and champion of those whose status here is challenged., we have a track record of successfully pushing through applications efficiently and cost-effectively. Contact us for case assessment, eligibility requirements and supporting documents.
Competitive Prices: We offer a competitive price service without compromising on our service. Our reputation outshines other, larger immigration law firms in London and across the country.
Flexible payment options: We understand that immigration complications often arise without notice which could become difficult in present economic climate therefore we provide flexible payment options. You may pay the agreed fees in instalments each month benefiting your needs, which will be agreed in advance.
Excellent Success Rate: : Every application we prepare is tailor-made and thoroughly researched. As a result, our success rate is high. We pride in our highest standard of service as a result of which most of our clients return to us for their other legal matters.
Out of office hour unique service: We provide clients focused service keeping in consideration busy working lifestyle therefore out of office telephone and/or in person appointments are available, subject to prior bookings, from 6.00 pm to 8.30 pm weekdays, and on weekends and bank holidays.
To apply for British Citizenship, get in touch with Aaryan Solicitors for professional, no-obligation advice.